[opendtv] Re: Internet Patent Claims Stir Concern

  • From: "John Golitsis" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:05:09 -0400

Either you're missing what the story is about, or I'm missing the meaning of
your reply.

This company is claiming to own patents related to video streaming, so they are
now trying to get $$ from any company that offers streaming video on their web
site.  It's NOT about a way to collect money from the end user every time they
view the material.

It would be akin to somebody claiming to have a patent on the FTP protocol, then
trying to get money from every company that runs an FTP server.