[opendtv] Re: Insignia brand D/A converter audio output

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 16:33:26 -0400

----- Original Message ----- From: "Cliff Benham" <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx>

It is also obvious on the Zenith/Insignia remote.

I think the +/- vol control on the remote is to be programmed to control the *TV set volume*, not the STB's. There is a clue to this: the button at the top of the remote labeled "TV Power."

I have this box. The moment you press the volume button a bar appears onscreen that obviously isn't the same volume bar the consumer has learned to associate with the TV volume indication. Indeed, the volume bar has the same "look and feel" as the signal level bar, mute, TV channel, and other indicators that are displayed by the STB.

Further, a cursory RTFM will tell you that TV Power is the only function this remote can be programmed for.

Lastly, the box volume defaults at 100% when new out of the box.

Using modern electronic equipment does require at least a minimum of skill. If in doubt, find the nearest 10 year old to help you out.

John