[opendtv] Re: Google's Page: White spaces test was unfair

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 18:44:18 -0700

So, you're asking if a LICENSED device has rights over a squatter?

There is no such thing as squatter's rights in this field, aside from the CB
bands, and then only when you are actually talking.

Wireless mics are LICENSED, or authorized via special temporary
authorizations, and before you can apply for a license or STA, the specifics
must be coordinated with all applicable entities in the local area.

And, this is has been mentioned many times on this list, so this is
something ELSE that we go around in circles about, albeit with a day, week,
month, or year intervening.

You should care when you can't get a mandatory evacuation notice or
Emergency notice via your television set -- one that could save your life --
because a neighborhood kid is downloading porn and considers that to be more
important than your life, or his.

John Willkie