[opendtv] Re: Forbes: TV Broadcasters Will One Day Be Kicked Off The Airwaves

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 00:58:25 +0000

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

Bert thinks tablets are a shooting star toy. In reality they
are content consumption screens that will be with us for many
decades to come.

If you must make yourself believe that.

The stats show that what I think are now called "slate tablets" are losing out
to both 2-in-ones and the larger-screened smartphones. Which makes a lot of
sense. The problem with the slates is that they aren't easy to carry, like the
bigger new smartphones, and yet they cannot credibly replace laptops, which the
2-in-ones can do.

I've certainly noticed the change just in riding the metro. It's rare to see
people weilding their tablets on the train anymore these days. But of course,
"everyone" is staring at their smartphone. My wife noticed herself shifting
over to the smartphone, from her tablet, since Amazon has an app that gives her
access to all the same content, whether on the original e-reader, Fire tablet,
or smartphone.