[opendtv] Re: Droid Phone

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 07:50:45 -0500

At 12:16 PM -0800 11/4/09, dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx wrote:
Saw an add yesterday that states "iDon't" and "Droid Does", referring to the to-be-released phone from Verizon. I looked at the website (droiddoes.com) but one notable "don't do" is ATSC M/H. But they claim 10000+ apps so maybe there is "an app for that"?

Dan

Sorry, no hardware support for that...

I will also anxiously await developments in the 700 MHz spectrum. I don't see how deploying 6 MHz MPH channels is going to provide the payback necessary to earn a decent ROI on the cost of the 700 MHz spectrum. And one must question why, when there is such a push for MORE SPECTRUM, that the stuff they just bought WOULD NOT be used for mobile broadband.