[opendtv] Re: Digital radio initiative

  • From: Doug McDonald <mcdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 16:12:59 -0500

Our local main NPR/APM station WILL is heavily advertising HD Radio in the
form of begging for money to get the equipment. They will transmit
their current FM content on the main channel and their current
AM content on the secondary channel. This is a big deal because
the AM station is only 25 watts late at night. This doesn't
effect me because I live only 200 yards from their transmitter, but
apparently even inside town here there are people in their
null toward Iowa that hear the Iowa station instead!

Doug McDonald