[opendtv] Re: DVB considers SVC for 1080p and hierarchical modulation

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 11:24:22 -0500

At 1:43 PM -0800 12/11/08, John Willkie wrote:
Boy, are you confused.  Turn that Iphone sideways, and it's not quite as
elegant and easy to use.  And, did you somehow miss that 720p video is wider
than high, and that 480x320 Iphone display is higher than wide?

Sorry John, but you are the one who is confused. The iPhone works well in either landscape or portrait mode, and virtually all videos play in the 480 x 320 landscape mode, even YouTube. Web surfing is much easier in landscape mode. The new calculator has a basic mode in portrait and becomes a full scientific calculator in landscape mode.

MAYBE YOU SHOULD ACTUALLY USE THE STUFF YOU RIP INSTEAD OF MAKING A FOOL OF YOURSELF.

Maybe you can conceive of people holding a hand-held tablet computer while
walking down the street.

Who said anything about walking down the street?

I do recall talking about the kids in the back seat of the car.

Just yesterday, I noticed that I had trouble
reading a magazine while walking down the street. Of course, were I to fall,
the only issues would be medical and a torn magazine. At worst.  Imagine
losing the use of a $1000 device.

What is of greater concern is people texting while driving...