[opendtv] Re: Borrell: Local Mobile Ads To Double This Year

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 11:49:21 -0400

At 10:34 AM -0500 4/14/10, Manfredi, Albert E wrote:
Unbelievable how anyone can gush over spam so unabashedly. Mobile devices, seems to me, are more similar to your cell phone than they are to your snail-mail box full of junk mail. People will most likely react to an approaching torrent of mobile spam with something like the do-not-call list. Or has this not occurred to these guys?

Bert

There is a very real difference between spam and an opt in ad that is targeted at something you want.

This will be ESPECIALLY true for location based advertising that will help you find something you are looking for...

I would not confuse this with something like a TV commercial.