[opendtv] Re: Anyone been to more than 42 NAB shows?

  • From: Larry Bloomfield <Larry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 14:05:55 -0700

Yes. John Silva, one of my former bosses and occasional writer for the Tech-Notes. John has attended 52 NABs. Due to health, he was unable to attend this year. John is also the gentleman who developed the first telecopter.

*Larry Bloomfield, KA6UTC*
1980 25th St.
Florence, OR 97439
(541) 902-2424 (everything number)
*www.Tech-Notes.TV <http://www.Tech-Notes.TV>*
See you on the Taste of NAB Road Show

dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx wrote:

Not even close, for me. But since I live in Las Vegas, I've the opportunity to attend more than the average, I imaging. I've attended at least 16 and still counting. Well, I've actually only attended the exhibits and not any of the conferences, if that counts.

When I was just starting to get into video (I had only worked film systems before '89), I attended something in downtown San Francisco in 1990 but I can't remember the name of the conference. I attended some classes that was taught by the "Video Smithy" or "Video Smitty". Does anyone remember who that was and what his name was? If I remember right, it had Smith in there. The class really helped me get into helical scan equipment as I was just assigned to take care of a large Umatic editing suite. Anyone know what he is up to these days?

Subject: [opendtv] Anyone been to more than 42 NAB shows?
If so, how many? TTFN, Mark