[opendtv] Re: A/72 goodies

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 18:40:12 -0400

Tom Barry wrote:

> I thought one of the satellite companies was also using 1280x1080i.
> If so I'm surprised that's not one of the accepted new ones.

Heaven forbid. We'd never hear the end of the whining about allowing a
new HD interlaced format.

Actually, the one that surprised me was that there are no 576i and 576p
options allowed. The only possible reason to introduce 25 and 50 fps
would be for compatibility with DVB-T formats, so it seems that 576 line
modes would also be required, to complete the package.

By the way, I loved that quantum mechanics joke your secretary told you.
I'll have to relay it to my wife. But I was thinking more like lions
trying to out-roar one another. Or apes pounding their chest. Take your
pick.