[opendtv] Re: 7 ways Comcast is killing the cable killers

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "OpenDTV" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 18:35:31 -0400

The biggest way Comcast can kill the cable killers is by keeping control of
the internet service that delivers multiple Mbps to the home.  Where are
people going to go for that kind of download speeds to support their
newfound video streaming habit?  DSL?

How much are people willing to pay for multiple Mbps internet service when
it isn't bundled with their cable and phone?  What happens when Comcast
follows suit with the DSL Telcos and puts a monthly data cap on it's
internet service?  "Sorry, I can't watch The Big Bang Theory until the first
of the month.  I've used up my bit allotment for this month."

John

----- Original Message ----- From: "Monty Solomon" <monty@xxxxxxxxxx>

7 ways Comcast is killing the cable killers

And no one has more power
and is taking as active a stance in this business as Comcast. From
its early days of blocking P2P traffic to the most recent allegations
of traffic prioritization let's look at Comcast's historical, current
and future efforts to protect its business.