[opendtv] Re: 5th Gen LG Receiver

  • From: "Dale Kelly" <dalekelly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 13:32:47 -0800

Bob Miller wrote:
>I am not plunking down dollar one and I don't care what it has in it if
> it works. They say it has 5th gen chip, I say let me test it.

Interesting Bob, we do hope it works well. Will this product be available
directly to consumers or is it bundled with a subscription service?

BTW, in January I contacted the same LG marketing manager who advised me
that they will not be offering a 5th Gen STB product and ask specifically,
if the chipset would be available to companies who wished to build an STB.
The enquiry was unanswered, which I assumed was a "NO". Hopefully, it seems,
that was not the correct answer.