[openbeosnetteam] libnetwork.so vs. libsocket.so/libbind.so

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Haiku Net-Team" <openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 16:05:36 +0200 CEST

Hi there,

does anybody the rationale behind going for libnetwork.so?
Is it only there to be able to have a fresh start? If so, I'd prefer
going the libsocket.so/libbind.so route in our stack - even though I
like libnetwork.so better, I can't stand the code duplication and
library cluttering for almost nothing.

Maybe I should see if our loader could support having both libsocket.so
and libbind.so symlink to the one and only libnetwork.so instead.

Bye,
   Axel.