[openbeosnetteam] Re: libnetwork.so vs. libsocket.so/libbind.so

  • From: Waldemar Kornewald <wkornew@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 16:34:56 +0200

Axel DÃrfler wrote:

does anybody the rationale behind going for libnetwork.so?
Is it only there to be able to have a fresh start? If so, I'd prefer
going the libsocket.so/libbind.so route in our stack - even though I
like libnetwork.so better, I can't stand the code duplication and
library cluttering for almost nothing.

Yes, it's just there for a fresh start with nice and clean headers and one lib is better than two.

Maybe I should see if our loader could support having both libsocket.so
and libbind.so symlink to the one and only libnetwork.so instead.

That would be nice, but we'd have to keep our headers BONE-compatible. In that case, the legacy headers could probably go away, too.

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald