[openbeosnetteam] Re: The gauntlet...

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 17:02:02 CET (+0100)

> I've got simple sockets code in place and we can create a socket!
> Voila!

Great news!

> So, now who's going to start the libsocket architecture and prove to
> me that
> it can be done? I'm away again over the weekend and then away for
> about 12
> days (home now and then) a few days later, so the pace of change will
> slwo
> down a little you'll all be glad to hear.

I can't promise anything, but I may have a look at it - but there are a
couple of members on this list, so lets see :-)

> BTW, you'll notice the sockets code lives in the net_server app -
> this was a
> design decision based on the amount of pools and the interactions it
> makes.
> Given we need them as an essential service I'm happy with this, but
> if
> you're not then please yell.

That was what I meant before: IMO the socket stuff should live in the
net_server.

> BTW II, you'll see notes all over the place about locking. I haven't
> done
> much as Axel seems to be the master locksmith and I'm hoping we can
> use his
> locks, or maybe that he could have a look?
> Sorry Axel, looks like it's over to you!!?!!

I will have a look, but could you give a short overview what the code
does right now? Since you've written it, you should know, and it would
save me some time.
Like what is inpcb.c for, soreserve(), etc. Thanks :-)

Adios...
   Axel.