[openbeosmediakit] Assignments and time table

  • From: "Marcus Overhagen" <dos4gw@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosmediakit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 16:47:04 +0000

Hi all,

first, the time table:

2001-11-21 assignments are out
2001-11-24 everyone sends a status report to the list
2001-12-01 everyone sends a status report to the list
2001-12-08 first release

Looks good, doesn't it?

Some functionality we need to add to libmedia.so
//these will go away when we recreate the media_node API
namespace mediakit_private {
        status_t GetMasterVolume(float *volume);
        status_t SetMasterVolume(float volume);
}

Assignments:

If you are

Aleksander Lodwich:
* publish the documentation you did regarding media_server and libmedia.so
interaction
* write the media_server part that searches for a soundcard,
* initialises it, loads the master volume setting from a settings
* file, add the global Get/SetMasterVolume functions to the lib,
* and their counterpart inside the media_server
* Implement a mixer in the media_server which accepts raw
* sound data contained in BMessages, that it gets send,
* to be used by BSoundPlayer

Jens Winkler:
* you still wanted to convert the gobe documentation
* of the multiaudio api into something more readable (html, pdf)
* write a replacement for the Media Preferences application,
* consisting of only one stereo slider for the master volume
* control and including a deskbar replicant for volume control.
* be sure to update the volume while the sliders are tracked
* Use the global Get/SetMasterVolume functions.

Juno:
* add functionality into BSoundPlayer. Don't use any of the
* 'normal' media kit api, as it simply isn't there yet. Put
* the sounddata into BMessage to be send to the media_server
* for playing, be sure to handle the buffer callback functionality.

We are some more in the team, but

Anthony Quinn:
* does not have time currently.

Shane Parker:
* is new. I didn't expect him :)
* please follow the links contained in the Summary
* email, and try to understand what's going on here.

I already wrote the libmedia.so replacement,
and I'm currently porting AMP 0.7.6 to BeOS,
so we have a mp3 decoder. If someone has a
better idea, please tell me.

regards
Marcus