[openbeosmediakit] Getting started

  • From: "Marcus Overhagen" <dos4gw@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosmediakit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 16:13:46 +0000

I don't know if you already tried replacing libmedia.so
on your system, but here is a way how to do it.

I would really appreciate if one of you could make a
shell script to switch between the original and our
replacement (and vice versa)

first, if not already done, make a backup of

when compiling the source of the replament lib, it will replace the original
(you may require these headers)

(I hope that the CVS will be revided by the buildmeister soon)

then kill the media servers

you can now optinally start the new media server in a terminal.
If you start a media realted aplication, eg. Soundplay, in a Terminal,
you will see the debug output printed by libmedia.so.

To revert this, copy the backup  lib in /boot/beos/system/lib/libmedia.so
and restart the media server
/boot/beos/system/servers/media_server &

happy trying.