[openbeosmediakit] Getting started

  • From: "Marcus Overhagen" <dos4gw@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosmediakit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 16:13:46 +0000

Well,
I don't know if you already tried replacing libmedia.so
on your system, but here is a way how to do it.

I would really appreciate if one of you could make a
shell script to switch between the original and our
replacement (and vice versa)

first, if not already done, make a backup of
/boot/beos/system/lib/libmedia.so

when compiling the source of the replament lib, it will replace the original
http://beos.overhagen.de/source.zip
(you may require these headers)
http://beos.overhagen.de/OldMediaKit.zip

(I hope that the CVS will be revided by the buildmeister soon)

then kill the media servers

you can now optinally start the new media server in a terminal.
If you start a media realted aplication, eg. Soundplay, in a Terminal,
you will see the debug output printed by libmedia.so.

To revert this, copy the backup  lib in /boot/beos/system/lib/libmedia.so
and restart the media server
/boot/beos/system/servers/media_server &

happy trying.

regards
Marcus