[openbeos-midi] Milestone 1 is finished!

  • From: "Matthijs Hollemans" <matthijs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 15:53:34 +0100

Hi all,

Just a quick note to let you know that I just put the finishing
touches to milestone 1 of the midi2 kit. This means we now have our
own midi_server and libmidi2.so. Of course, they are not complete
yet, but you can already create and connect MIDI endpoints. In fact,
the whole "housekeeping" protocol is implemented. What's left is the
ability to actually send and receive MIDI events (milestone 2), and
support for hardware devices (milestone 3).

Our kit is (binary) compatible with the one from Be, and it works
fine with the various MIDI applications from BeBits (at least the
ones I tested), except of course, that you can't make any sound yet
;-)

For more info, see http://home.concepts.nl/~hollies/midi, as
always...

Enjoy and a happy new year!