[openbeos-midi] Re: Hello all

  • From: philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx
  • To: openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 19:37:49 +0200 (MEST)

Jerome Leveque wrote:
> Hi my name is Jerome Leveque and I am your new partner.
> I'm 25 year old and I live and France : Paris.

Hey, welcome board Jerome :-)

I'm not myself a midi_kit team member, still mostly in ML lurking mode,
but I may contribute (code or ideas) when it'll come to /dev/midi/*
drivers...

> So sorry for my bad english. I can read english but writing it is a
> different story.

Hey, welcome on *my* board, this time!
Don't worry, nobody write perfect english here.
Only perfect code matter :-p

> I want to rewrite MidiPlayer with more feature like selecting input and
> output and I hope everything you need for testing the new MidiKit.

Michael Pfeiffer have already start on this topic, using TiMidity++ as
midi synth behind to test it.
You should check his post on this very topic:
//www.freelists.org/archives/openbeos-midi/05-2002/fullthread2.html

It's there in the CVS repository:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/open-
beos/midi_kit/source/tests/midi_player/

Also, contact Shaggy there as he works on the (huge!) part that is writting
a software midi synth... from scratch!

-Philippe.