[openbeos-midi] Re: A question about BMidiText

  • From: Jerome Leveque <jerl1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 23:26:06 +0200

>Hello Jerome
>
>Nice work on Midi Player.
>
>>Hi, is it possible to redirect the output of BMidiText to a
BTextView,
>>or his output can only be visible in a terminal Window=3F
>
>I think BTextView writes to stdout and it could be piped to the
>BTextView.
>
>If you need information how to do this, you could look at:
>http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-
bin/viewcvs.cgi/bepdf/BePDF/bepdf/beos/TraceWindow.cpp?rev=1.3
&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

Ok I will see tomorrow thanks.

>Yep, I have one: controlling some parameters of BMidiSynth
(like volume,
>reverb, sampling rate, synth file).

It's implemented in the new version you can take this version
with CVS, that accept Drag and Drop, "Open With" in the tracker
a Midi Activity view.

>Other tasks e.g.:
>- implement BMidiStore::Import() and Export() for the
remaining formats
>  Good resource about MIDI: http://www.borg.com/
~jglatt/tech/miditech.htm

I have made the import function not for BeOS but in
TurboPascal few year ago I think I can do it again. And I think
the Export function only do the same things but in reverse.
I'm ok to do this if nobody work yet on it.

>- examine Synth File Format; I have already started this and
will soon commit
>  what I have found out to the repository; question is: does the
Midi Kit
>team
>  have to know this file format? shaggy?

A+