[openbeos-midi] Re: A question about BMidiText

  • From: Michael Pfeiffer <michael.pfeiffer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 08:30:15 +0200

>>- implement BMidiStore::Import() and Export() for the
>remaining formats
>>  Good resource about MIDI: http://www.borg.com/
>~jglatt/tech/miditech.htm
>
>I have made the import function not for BeOS but in
>TurboPascal few year ago I think I can do it again. And I think
>the Export function only do the same things but in reverse.
>I'm ok to do this if nobody work yet on it.

Please do so. I spoke with Paul some time ago and offered to
implement that myself and he "allowed" me to make it, but then
I never had the time to do it.

>>- examine Synth File Format; I have already started this and
>will soon commit
>>  what I have found out to the repository;

Synth File Reader is in the repository, it just dumps the data
of big_synth.sy to stdout and can play the samples in it, but
the meaning of most fields is stil unknown to me.

Any help decoding the file format is appreciated.

- Michael