[ola] Re: ola Digest V3 #2

  • From: Cathy Bird <cathy.bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 12:44:16 -0700 (MST)

I was thinking of playing Musical Squares (since i don't have chairs).

a. I would have construction paper on the floor of our circle.
b. Every other square would have cues on them for circumlocution (like
opposite; similar; companion; color & shape; etc).
c. Either play music or sing as we walk around, until music stops.
d. I will draw a vocab word from the jar/bag/hat/list??? and read it aloud
e. At that point, those one the free spaces listen to the person on a
circumlocution square (circo-square?) as they attempt to do the task with the
given vocab word. Partners approve or disapprove of the answer.
f. Those who succeed stay in, those who fail run to the board and write the
word and the circo command before running the opposite way (or some other goofy
physical activity) while music plays. They can come back in for the next round.
g. Not sure if this game would include the elimination of squares/chairs, as
that might not help the game.

What thinkest thou...or is it thee? grrr.
ps - could also start game with just giving a category and those on
circo-squares (or a specific color) would have to think of something in that
category [people, thing, color, shape, adjective]

Cathy Bird, via iPad