[ola] Re: Trust Falls - Help!

  • From: Lori Leedy <lori.leedy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 10:47:51 -0800

Maybe a specific discussion of jobs/roles in the trust fall activity?
Obviously for NM it would be something like:  help, important, catch,
strong for the catcher and faith, hope, scared, need, trust, take a
risk/chance for the falling person so that eventually you can connect it to
the importance of taking risks, having hopes, and helping others in a
language environment and in a community as a whole.

I love your determination Warren. Tomorrow you will do it again. And then
be able to discuss why did yesterday fail and why was today successful?
What does this tell us about our community??

I recommend letting students choose their partners for something like this.
You may also try the 'yurt' activity. In circle students link arms with
strong feet as base. Number students. Evens lean forward while odds lean
back. For success ---each person must complete their job, use strength,
support, etc. Then try: Switch directions, Attempt to hold longer, walk in
a circle while holding, count by 10's to 100???

Hope this helps.

--

*Lori Leedy*English Language Development/Spanish
Crater Renaissance Academy