[ola] Re: Subjunctive

  • From: JoAnna Coleman <joannac@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 22:41:42 +0000

I teach my AP kids W.E.I.R.D.O. for some of the different uses of subjunctive
(w = wishes, e = emotions, i = impersonal expressions, r = requests, refusal, d
= doubt, o = ojal?) - I know this is kind of grammery, but it helps me focus on
the different aspects of the subjunctive

I like to have them survey eachother (what type of house/partner/university,
etc... are you looking for?) and a lot of pair questions (if you were an
animal, what would you be?).

Give them something they can react with emotion to, like a picture, statement,
opinion, etc...

(it surprise/angers/saddens me that...)

I also ask them to write a letter to incoming freshman giving them advice and
recommendations.

Zambombazo has a whole section on subjunctive, do you ever use this site?

Here are some good songs with subjunctive: music is such a great way to
internalize how it should sound!

Ojala que llueva cafe - http://youtu.be/XZOLOggfWp0

[http://img.youtube.com/vi/XZOLOggfWp0/0.jpg]<http://youtu.be/XZOLOggfWp0>

Juan Luis Guerra - Ojala que llueva caf? - YouTube
http://www.cancionyletra.net
Read more...<http://youtu.be/XZOLOggfWp0>

A Dios le pido - http://youtu.be/kMIaYXxLnUA

[http://img.youtube.com/vi/kMIaYXxLnUA/0.jpg]<http://youtu.be/kMIaYXxLnUA>

Juanes - A Dios Le Pido - YouTube
Music video by Juanes performing A Dios Le Pido. (C) 2002 Universal Music Latino
Read more...<http://youtu.be/kMIaYXxLnUA>

Ojo por diente -
http://zachary-jones.com/zambombazo/clozeline-klaus-kinski-ojo-por-diente/

Clozeline: Klaus & Kinski - Ojo por diente
Want to learn Spanish with music? Click here for a fun Spanish cloze worksheet
& lesson based on Klaus & Kinski - Ojo por diente.
Read
more...<http://zachary-jones.com/zambombazo/clozeline-klaus-kinski-ojo-por-diente/>

JoAnna Coleman
Spanish Teacher