[ola] Sentence Frames

  • From: Troy Longstroth <troy_longstroth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2013 20:12:07 -0800

Hi all,

I really liked Nanosh's post last week about the benefits of not wearing
pants.  :)

It got me thinking about creating a list of sentence frames for each level
of my classes.  My thought was that it would be great to have at least one
specific sentence frame per week per language level for the entire school
year.  Ideally the same basic frame could be used in each level, but with
more complexity in the more advanced courses.  For example, first year kids
might learn, "In my opinion ___ is better than ___."  Second year kids
might learn, "In my opinion ___ is better than ___ because ___." And third
year kids might learn, "In my opinion ___ is better than ___ for the
following reasons:  First, second, third, finally, etc."

I feel like I might be able to generate a list of frames for Spanish 1, but
I get pretty befuddled thinking about coming up with 30 frames or more for
each of the levels.  Therefore, I am asking for all of you to help.  Please
add your favorite sentence frames and ideas to the google doc at the
following link.  I think this could be a great resource for everyone.  I've
elected to use English so that people from all language classes can benefit.

https://docs.google.com/a/rpacademy.org/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au54I8espCbPdExaNHF0LTBKS2RYTnNQNVZ3akk0bUE#gid=0

If a document like this already exists somewhere and I am being redundant,
please let me know.  My goal is simply to have a resource like this.  Once
I have some frames, I think I can run with lots of different ideas for each
one.

Thanks,

Troy

Troy Longstroth