[ola] Rímenes

  • From: Caleb Zilmer <caleb_zilmer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 09:39:12 -0700

Sitting on a bus right now and having a bunch of time to think, had an idea I
thought I'd share with y'all, kind of a product of playing that game Nanosh
commented on the other day.

For vocab intro and practice (the kinesthetic circle activities), it seems like
rhyming works really well, and I remember from Ed psych that a lot of people
remember things fairly well in sets of 3. Seems like rhyming would also help
access those with musical intelligence.

Example: piso, techo, pecho

I thought of some more:

Grito, grillo, gruño

Tiro, giro, cero

Pelo, vuelo, celo(s)

Callo, fallo, rayo

Pan, flan, gran

Egoísta, porrista, flautista (and all the other istas :)

I could go on I'm sure, but you get the idea. I think this could be a good way
to build a diverse vocabulary pretty quickly; one word comes up in class, you
think of two that rhyme with it along with actions, and bam, you're talking
about someone on a plane flight jealous of another person's beautiful hair.

Enviado desde el iPhone de Caleb Zilmer