[ola] Re: Riesgo Sismico en America Latina

  • From: JoAnna Coleman <joannac@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 16:57:23 +0000

Thanks, this is great!

In my AP class we have talked a lot about Chile and earthquakes (I lived there
in 2007-2008)

there is this 6 part series called "Chile 8.8" about the earthquake in 2010

Here is part 1/6:   http://youtu.be/EsqSJjmNUF0

[http://img.youtube.com/vi/EsqSJjmNUF0/0.jpg]<http://youtu.be/EsqSJjmNUF0>

Chile 8.8 Parte 1/6 - YouTube
Documental Discovery Channel Chile 8.8 Parte 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGMgx3FPsOY Parte 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQEbR52py0I Parte 4 http://w...
Read more...<http://youtu.be/EsqSJjmNUF0>

?We also did a comparison of the earthquake in Haiti of the same year and
discussed why, although it was so much weaker (7 vs. 8.8 in Chile), so many
more people died -  there is a ton of information online that compares the 2
earthquakes - charts, graphs, articles etc... and countries - it was a really
great discussion piece

JoAnna Coleman
Spanish Teacher
Wilson High School