[ola] Re: Practice - Advanced Numbers

  • From: Troy Longstroth <troy_longstroth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 22:05:55 -0800

I've played Farkle with my classes.  All you need is a bunch of dice.  The
kids love the game.  You can google the rules.  There are a number of
variations.  Numbers used go up to 5 or 10,000.  I've explained the whole
game to my 2nd year classes in Spanish and they can get it.  I use a lot of
actions, examples, etc.  They play in groups of 4-6.  You can teach them a
lot of good expressions to go with the game such as ¡Que suerte, lástima,
trampososo, etc!

Troy Longstroth
Spanish and Outdoor Recreation Teacher
*Redmond Proficiency Academy*