[ola] Re: Partner changing question

  • From: Harris Levinson <hlevinson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 13:38:25 -0700

Colin,
You might try a variation of Smoosh. Have all students walk randomly around
the class. Whne you call out a number--in this case "2"--everyone
immediately has to pair up with the closest person. There will be one
person without a partner and you place him/her with one of the pairs to
form the new trio you desire.

Or, play music, have students amble around the class, when music stops they
form a pair with whomever is closest. Again, there will be one person
without and he/she forms a trio with a nearby pair, When conversations are
done, turn on music again and repeat. I do this all the time, with the
stipulation that they must find a new partner each time the music stops.
Fairly straightforward and effective.

Harris

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 1:23 PM, Colin Oriard <coriard@xxxxxxx> wrote:

​I don't completely follow.
In my situation, every one is in pairs, but there is one person left over,
he or she must form a group of 3. Then the next round when we change
partners, I struggle to get those 3 kids all to new partners, while also
having a different group of 3 somewhere else?

Colin Oriard
Profesor de español 1/2 & 3/4
Grant High School
Room 112