[ola] Re: Kids speaking too much English???

  • From: JoAnna Coleman <joannac@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 23:24:48 +0000

Fun idea, but it just doesn't fit my personality -

I struggle with the English socializing as well in some of my 2nd year classes
- kids self-assess on the OWL speaking goals every 2-3 weeks, and it's
interesting how some of them aren't able to accurately assess how much Spanish
vs. English they are using in the classroom. They are scoring themselves at a
meets or exceeds in "Speaks Spanish" while they are side talking in English,
which is a 2.

JoAnna Coleman
Spanish Teacher
Wilson High School