[ola] Re: Journals

  • From: "Jody Soberon" <JodySo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"Kate Kuravackal" <kate.jzn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 09:01:15 -0800

Thank you! Great idea! I also came up with a table of contents sheet to add to
their journal so they are all fairly consistent. It was hard for me on the one
hand to write down the different topics per class, so this way, they can
immediately go to table of contents, write the topic and date, then we can do a
simple count.

I just eyeballed quantity using my top students' journals as a guide. I also
like  the idea of giving them a range and having them describe what was most
helpful. I shall do that the upcoming week of the new semester.

As always, thank you all for continued support and a plethora of ideas!

Jody

Foreign Languages
Brookings Harbor High School
>>> Kate Kuravackal <kate.jzn@xxxxxxxxx> 1/23/2014 10:54 PM >>>
I put stamps in when students complete assignments in their journals - just
eyeball them and put the stamp on. At the end of semester or quarter or
whenever, I give students a range for what is Exceeding number of stamps,
meeting, etc. (Or A, B C, D). They count them up for me in my presence and we
talk about what they need to improve on, etc.

I haven't done this yet due to language they don't have and need, but you could
also have them write what their favorite or most helpful part of their journal
was.
Kate Kuravackal