[obosgamekit] Re: Assignments

  • From: Jasse Jansson <jasse@xxxxxxx>
  • To: obosgamekit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 21:24:04 +0100

On m=E5ndag, januari 7, 2002, at 06:10 , Robert Medeiros wrote:

> Dan, Jasse:
>
> Our official OpenGL guys. Is porting Mesa the first goal? Or do you=20
> guys have something else in mind?

I think working on Mesa is the right way to go. It will probably get=20
updated to OpenGL 2.0 much faster than SGI's reference implementatin (if=20=

SGI's will ever be updated???), and the licencing stuff is resolved by=20=

definition.

I'll fix my developement machine tonight, and start checking things out.

BTW, what do you mean by first goal? Is there something else that has to=20=

be done before we can start the ogl thing?
Maybe we should harass the appkit guys to make sure we got a fast pipe=20=

for our hw-acc ogl commands through to the gfx chip ;-)

I think we need to talk to the Mesa guys about porting the lib, and=20
beeing Swedish, I would prefer it if you Dan did the formal stuff on=20
that side. I'm not really confident using english.

Dan, I have two more questions:

1) do you have any good ideas of a starting point?

2) should we discuss the ogl port in this list, in a suitable mesa list=20=

or mail between just us two?

     ...Jasse...you don't have the thing, without that ogl thing...