[obol] west Eugene birds

  • From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 09:58:36 -0700

I made a pass at the EWEB ponds and Swallow Pond this morning. EWEB offered 65
Dunlin, 3 Least, one Greater legs, about 20 gw teal. The local mallard-ancestry
duck had 9 ducklets in tow.

Swallow Pond offered 13 Longbill dows, a greater legs, a few teal and an
extraordinary cloud of low feeding swifts - one of them went within a foot of
my face as I pulled over with the car window down, but I wasn't hungry. They
also use this site at dusk; I suspect a local roost.

Both sites had large swallow swarms, mostly VG with some Barn and Tree.

Alan Contreras
Eugene, Oregon

acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone