[obol] quiz for the day

  • From: Stephanie Hazen <stephaniehazen17@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 20:55:34 -0800

Picture a black-capped chickadee in your mind’s eye.

Without consulting a field guide, is the eye contained
in the black feathers on the head, at the interface between
the black and white, or held solely in the white feathers.

How closely to we really look at our familiar Oregon birds?

Do we recognize them in a flash and move on, because we
“just know” what they are.  If you had to carefully
describe the features of this common little bird to someone
who never saw one, could you?

Do we look and see, or just look, put a name on the bird
and call it that!

Stephanie