[obol] Re: Quiz for the Day, what is this Great Blue Heron Eating

  • From: "Robert O'Brien" <baro@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Stephanie Hazen <stephaniehazen17@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 20:40:34 -0800

Well, since I voted VOLE and saw some questioning, I consulted my son
who has a PhD in wildlife science with several mammology classes.  He also
operates a nearby farm which I have named Volehalla (he uses a different
name).

His erudite(?) vote was for pocket gopher and he came up with this photo:

http://science.kqed.org/quest/2012/05/14/heron-spotting-in-golden-gate-park/

I guess I'll give up on Vole and stick to birds for awhile.

Bob OBrien
Carver OR