[obol] Re: mourning doves/EC doves

  • From: Linda Fink <linda@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOLINKS <OBOL@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2016 09:14:43 -0700

I suspect there is a vast difference between city and country habitats for these two species. We live in the country and have routinely/daily 8-10 (or sometimes more) Mourning Doves. Two EC doves occasionally visit. In Willamina, a town about 10 miles away, I see EC doves every time I drive through and don't remember ever seeing Mourning Doves.

Just like California Quail. I read on this list how quail have disappeared from many places people used to see them. Well, we had 45-50 overwintering here and now have at least a dozen clutches of at least 10 chicks each running around. Habitat, habitat, habitat...

Linda Fink near Grand Ronde Agency, SW Yamhill County
--

POST: Send your post to obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
JOIN OR QUIT: //www.freelists.org/list/obol