[obol] local RBA?: STILT S at Tual R NWR

  • From: Thomas Love <tlove@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 15:48:29 +0000

I stopped in at Tualatin River NWR nr Sherwood this morning, in hop4s that the
abrupt weather change might have led to some grounding of shorebirds.  Among a
few each of LEAST S and WESTERN S were five LONG-BILLED DOWITCHERS and what I'm
quite sure were two STILT SANDPIPERS hanging with the dows – long, thin,
drooping bill, small-headed, longer-necked, a bit dumpy looking, slightly
smaller overall than the associating dows.  This was about 08:00 on the far big
pond, viewed from the deck by the refuge bookstore bldg. (I had no time to walk
the dike road to get a closer look, unfortunately).

Hope someone can check these out!

Tom L.