[obol] local RBA: ELEGANT TERN on the Columbia River Estuary

  • From: Mike Patterson <celata@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'OBOL' <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, swalalahos <swalalahos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 06:53:06 -0700

The tern watchers on East Sand Island reported a single, well
described ELEGANT TERN loafing on the beach there with CASPIAN
and COMMON TERNS Saturday.

Elegant Terns have not been reported elsewhere along the Oregon
Coast, yet, which is not the usual sequence of things, but it is
and el Nino year and we saw plenty last year.

In other news:
I was unable to relocate the SNOWY PLOVER or the banded SEMIPALMATED
SANDPIPER reported Saturday on Gearhart Beach.  There were very good
numbers of WESTERN SANDPIPERS and SEMIPALMATED PLOVERS and frustrating
numbers of unleashed dogs being encouraged to run through the flocks,
however,

--
Mike Patterson
Astoria, OR