[obol] Re: explanation of the extra lift birds get flying in V formation

  • From: Bob <rflores_2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2015 09:42:31 -0800

Stephanie,

Richard is correct but an addition is the strongest, mature, birds do "break
the wind" but when the time comes to rest they fall to the end and a new leader
takes over.  Often the oldest and youngest birds are in the middle.  This
strategy also provides the educating of the younger birds on where to go during
migration.

Bob Flores
Ridgefield, WA

Sent from my iPad