[obol] Re: coordinating sea watches

  • From: Colby Neuman <colby.neuman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "llsdirons@xxxxxxx" <llsdirons@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 18:53:54 -0700

I agree with Dave...winds were south at 50-65mph for several hours at buoys
(Buoy 50 has an under reporting problem) off the entire Oregon coast today so
it would not have been difficult for birds to end up way farther quickly.

Fog shouldn't be an issue in the morning. Seas should come down into the to low
to mid teens by morning, which should help reduce sea spray along the immediate
coastline.

Here is the Coastal Waters Forecast...

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/total_forecast/getprod.php?wfo=pqr&pil=CWF&sid=PQR

Colby