[obol] Re: coordinating sea watches

  • From: Joel Geier <joel.geier@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oregon Birders OnLine <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 18:52:00 -0700

Be it known, if the Pacific Ocean starts spilling over the Coast Range
into the Willamette Valley, local birders will post to OBOL.

I checked some local sewerage ponds north of Corvallis this afternoon
but found them vacant of scoters, phalaropes and tubenoses.

From the birds' point of view, I'd just as soon that Red Phalaropes etc.
manage to stick to the ocean where they belong, in this season. But I
recognize that much of the thrill of birding, for many participants, is
in finding birds in places where they don't belong.

Good birding,
Joel

--
Joel Geier