[obol] Yaquina Head Birds

  • From: "Wayne Hoffman" <whoffman@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "OBOL" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2014 19:34:22 -0700

Hi -

I spent most of the day enjoying the weather and birding at Yaquina Head.

Highlights:

Double-crested Cormorants:                      300+  in 5 northbound flocks

Pelagic, Brandt's cormorants                      building nests

Brown Pelican                                                   15  N

Common Murre                                               30,000+ on the
rocks, several thousand more on the water

Bald Eagle                                                            4
seen, did not attack the murres while I was there.

Peregrine                                                            Female
seems to incubating now.

N. Harrier
subadult male still present

Sooty Fox Sparrow                                          2   a bit late?

Savannah Sparrow                                          1

Wayne