[obol] Yamhill county Western Kingbird, etc

  • From: "Paul Sullivan" <paultsullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <YamhillBirders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <birding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 21:51:33 -0700

Folks,

On Thursday, Apr. 17, we made a quick check of the Sheridan Sewage ponds
from the cemetery overlook under showery skies.  We saw the usual mix of
ducks:

60 Shovelers

45 L Scaup

30 C. Geese

30 Ruddy Ducks

25 Bufflehead

10 Mallards

  1 Wood Duck

  1 Ringneck

Plus

  1 EARED GREBE

40 Coots

And an Osprey across the highway at the high school football field lights.

On Friday, Apr. 18, we visited a private wetland/mudflat and found:

40 Green-winged Teal

  4 Mallards

  1 Canada Goose

 5 Greater Yellowlegs

  8 Dunlin

  6 Least Sandpipers

  4 Killdeer

12 Am Pipits

Today, Apr. 20, we visited Breidwell Rd, W of Whiteson, and found

  4 calling Sora at Sheldon's marsh

  1 calling V. Rail

  2 Cinnamon Teal

  1 WESTERN KINGBIRD (FOY) on utility wire at the south end, at RR crossing

And ..

9 Rough-winged Swallows (FOY) at the S. Yamhill River bridge on the
Amity-Bellevue Hwy

Good birding, everyone,

Paul & Carol