[obol] Where does the eider go?

  • From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 19:42:08 -0700

I was asked to post my theory about where the eider goes at higher tides.  I
think what it does is pretty simple.  It goes upstream with the tide,
loosely associating with scoters.  When the tide goes out, it works back
down the main channel and goes and sits on the rocks.

Thus at higher tides it might be scoped from the long "view" area with a
couple of pullouts between Pigeon Point and the sewage plant.  Nothing else
out there looks anything like it, even from a distance.

--
Alan Contreras
Eugene, Oregon

acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx