[obol] Re: Western Wood-Starling

  • From: "judy" <jmeredit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2015 13:47:56 -0800

Well, perhaps it is just an upswing in hormones as spring approaches and they
are singing everything in their repertoire and for them they aren’t copying
another bird, they are just full of song of every type they have mastered.
Perhaps.  How long is the average life span of a Euro Starling? My ancient
Teres encyclopedia cites references of Starlings living 9 to 20 years. Plenty
of spring seasons to practice every song. Judy, jmeredit@xxxxxxxxxxx