[obol] Tillamook birds this afternoon

  • From: Stefan Schlick <greenfant@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 00:51:58 -0400

I enjoyed the drizzle in the Tillamook area today. While I didn't find anything
unusual this afternoon, I easily located the local specialties (adult
Red-shouldered Hawk at Fenk Rd; 2 Black Phoebes, one at Olson Rd, the other at
Tillamook Wetlands; 3 White-tailed Kites, 2 at Tillamook Wetlands, 1 off South
Prairie Rd). Also at the Tillamook Wetlands were a White-throated Sparrow
(parking area), immature Northern Shrike and 2 counter-singing Sooty Fox
Sparrows. At Bayocean Spit, a Marbled Godwit, 2 Black-bellied Plovers and a
small flock of Western Sandpipers were feeding on the bay-side mudflats near
low tide.
Stefan SchlickHillsboro, OR