[obol] This morning on Coxcomb Hill - 4/21/2014

  • From: Mike Patterson <celata@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, swalalahos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 10:29:56 -0700

I took a walk up Coscomb Hill to see if there was any early
migrant action.  Most of the migrant activity was in the alders
at the bottom edge of the lower meadow.  The morning started
with a big, moving flock of ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLERS.  I ended
the morning with six warbler species and a good sized flock of
VAUX'S SWIFTS.

Notable species:
  Band-tailed Pigeon - fos
  Vaux's Swift - fos
  Red-breasted Sapsucker - territorial rapping
  Ruby-crowned Kinglet - large gray _R.c.calendula_ migrant subsp.
  Orange-crowned Warbler - 32
  Yellow-rumped Warbler - 2
  Black-throated Gray Warbler - 3
  Townsend's Warbler - at least 4