[obol] Baskett Butte Nashville Warbler

  • From: Brandon Wagner <bmwboarder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Midvalley Birding <birding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, oregon birding online <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 13:50:03 -0700

Hey Friends,

Baskett Butte had quite a lot of activity this morning.  Most warblers were
Yellow-rumped Warblers or Orange-crowned Warblers, but there was one
Nashville Warbler and one Townsend's Warbler mixed in.  Nashvilles are not
terribly easy to find in Polk county, so that made my day!  Definitely a
life bird for my 7 month old daughter too ;)

Along Farmer Rd I heard a Bittern for the first time this year.  There were
also Soras calling.

Cheers!
Brandon Wagner
Independence