[obol] The warbler and the vulture

  • From: Jack Williamson <jack.williamson.jr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL Oregon Birders Online <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 19:54:29 -0700

We ran out to Champoeg State Park over the lunch hour today to look for
Chipping Sparrow in the same area we found two of them last year - we're
hoping to locate a nesting-pair. We did not find the sparrow, but we did
find and enjoy two birds in particular, a Myrtle Warbler and two Turkey
Vultures. The later, I had read about the night before in Noah Strycker's
latest book, "The thing with feathers: the surprising lives of birds and
what they reveal about being human".  I will not give up the story line -
but I will say the account of his earliest efforts to study and photograph
the Turkey Vulture is both entertaining and enlightening. I am grateful to
have had the opportunity to observe this species in close-proximity so soon
after reading Noah's book.

Four Images:

http://www.jack-n-jill.net/blog/2014/4/the_warbler_and_the_vulture

--