[obol] Jackson County birds

  • From: Russ Namitz <namitzr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL Freelist <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 19:32:04 -0700

I was working again in the woods along the far reaches of Kane Creek Rd off Old
Stage Rd south of Gold Hill.  There were 2 HOUSE WRENS singing in a clearcut
and at least a dozen HERMIT WARBLERS singing in the forest.  There was also a
WILSON'S WARBLER singing along with the other warbler species that are already
on territory.  PACIFIC-SLOPE FLYCATCHER was the only flycatcher of the day.
I stopped by Kirtland Ponds this evening after work and saw 27 BONAPARTE'S
GULLS and 4 BLACK-BELLIED PLOVERS.  The SEMIPALMATED PLOVER was still around as
was the single DUNLIN.  Two LONG-BILLED DOWITCHERS were feeding by themselves
in the front pond. There were 6 pairs of GADWALL and 2 pairs of CINNAMON TEAL.
Good birding,
Russ Namitz
Medford